What is a love-based business culture?
A love-based business culture is a business that defines love as a core business value and creates space for love to come first in all that they do.
Love? Yes, love.
A love-based business culture looks and feels like this:
- Proactive, adaptable
- Consistent, trusting
- Emotionally Intelligent
- Inclusive, diverse
- Critical thinkers
- Long-term successes
- Collaborative, others-centric
- Accessibility, few barriers to success
- Mindful, conscious, aware
- Compassionate, empathetic
- Engaged employees
- Growth objectives met or exceeded
- Positive societal and community impact
- Momentum, attraction, abundance
- Happiness, belonging, fulfillment
Conversely, a fear-based business culture looks and feels like this:
- Low Emotional Intelligence
- Short-term results
- Individualistic, self-centered
- Blame, lack of accountability
- Anger, rage
- Burnout, high-turnover
- Little or no innovation
- Stagnant growth
You physically cannot have both love and fear present at any given moment in time. The chemistry needed to support love, blocks out fear and visa versa. This means that as an organization, you must choose which to foster.
The symptoms of a fear-based business culture usually trigger the attention of leadership because this type of culture eventually affects the pillars of a company such as profit, performance, employee engagement and retention, innovation, growth... the list goes on. There is suffering, resistance, disconnect and pain. These are real feelings and you can see.
The Love-based Impact Sphere
Once love is at the core of a business culture, the multi-dimentional love-based impact can then cycle throughout all stakeholder groups.
- Sf: Self - the impact is felt at the individual level within all aspects of a company
- Is: Internal Stakeholder - the impact is felt by all stakeholder groups within a company
- Es: External Stakeholder - the impact is felt by all stakeholder groups that the company interacts with outside of the company
- Cm: Community - the impact is felt by the community the company serves
Love-based Business Outcomes
By using these objectives as a value-based goal and leveraging tools to ground the process... this results in an organization that will act out of love for themselves, for each other and for the greater community. When this happens we see a difference, we feel a difference and people simply want more of that. They want to be a part of this community that has been built. Where teams, customers and individuals feel safe, heard, engaged, empowered and fulfilled.
- Proactive, adaptable business operations
- Teams exhibit consistent, collaborative behaviors
- Trust is seen and felt throughout the organization
- Employees, managers and leaders feel engaged and empowered to act
- An innovative culture thrives
- Growth objectives are exceeded through growth-mindset shifts
- There is momentum that attracts and keeps talent and customers
- Critical thinkers are elevated and rewarded
- Long-term results and successes are achieved
- Individuals know how to show-up for themselves and for others
- Accountability is a part of the DNA of an organization
- Barriers to success are removed
- Information and solutions are accessible to end-users
- The organization acts mindfully and consciously with an abundance mind-set
- Those who have influence act compassionately and use empathy
- The purpose of the company is felt in a positive way by the community it serves
- Employees feel happy, a sense of belonging and fulfilled by the work they do